GOLD: Temex boosts Whitney M&I ounces by 87%

ONTARIO – The updated source for the Whitney gold property near Timmins boosts the contained gold in the measured and indicated category by 87% to 708,600 oz in 3.22 million tonnes grading 6.85 g/t Au. The indicated category hosts another 170,700 oz contained in 994,000 tonnes grading 5.34 g/t Au. A 3.0 g/t cut-off was used.Temex Resource Corp. of Toronto is the operator and 60% owner of the Whitney project. Goldcorp holds the remaining 40%. The resource estimate was updated to support development of higher grade underground zones and selective open pit mining. Temex noted that these potential production zones are contained within a lower grade envelope that may prove economic to mine in the future.
The new estimate was made for what is called the Upper Whitney resources. It includes an update of the Upper Hallnor zone as well as the initial estimates from the former Bonetal and Broulan Reef mines and the C zone, located between them.A Lower Whitney estimate, including mineralization to the bottom of the old Lower Hallnor 1,550-metre mine shaft and the Broulan Reef mine is underway.Maps and photos of the Whitney gold project are available at under the heading Timmins gold project.

Share on

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.